Wednesday, December 20, 2006

And now, calmer heads prevail.

Yesterday night, I put a pillow over my head and screamed. It was the first time I've been not frustrated, not disappointed, but outright angry for a long time. I can't really pinpoint why; it was spurred by an offhand comment from somebody who genuinely meant no ill will. Perhaps I was simply frustrated that the comment illustrated that somebody who I truly wanted to understand me is so preciously attuned on some fronts and frustratingly far from it on others.

Yet I believe that she can say the same about me. She put up with so much during my four day visit and said nothing, knowing simply that the things I was doing were, in a way, therapeutic. And thus she perhaps put aside her own interests in order to give something to me instead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home