Saturday, April 23, 2005

Waddya know? A post!

Although I really don't know what I should be writing right now. I'm sitting here in my room after a decent day's work, listening to DpMa's sermon on "Still," with two hours to go before I hop off to a meeting to discuss a case study for a negotiation class, and four hours before I have to lead the first meeting of what will become the worship team for the United Campus Gathering...a collection of people from many different fellowships, some of whom I know quite well and some whom I haven't even met yet.

The agenda's all set. I wrote it up on Thursday and emailed it out to everybody, along with a little essay on what I'm looking for this gathering to become. One month ago, Sam from IV Grad started gathering people together to build this event, a time for all of the 15-odd fellowships to come together and declare their union with one another. We now have a month to go, and tonight I have the responsibility of communicating that vision to all of the people who will pick up an instrument and get up there to lead the worship.

DpMa's finishing up his sermon. He's talked a bit about the prayer time we had over the winter, after the tsunami. And now Nate is gently playing in the background as DpMa calls those that are listening to turn their eyes on themselves, and reaffirm their identities as christians...as people who are gathered to receive God's grace. It's an altar call, like those that John leads, like those that Lloyd led, like those that Daughin led, when I first came to SNA.

And I think now, this is what I want to see, one month from now. Not the format, not the beautiful phrases, but that commitment amongst the people there to come forth for prayer. For them to feel God's invitation when we finally gather together as one body.

I wonder how it'll turn out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home