Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ah, people...

Anybody want to go to the Doghouse tonight?
=============================
I'm carpooling up there with Gabe. Join in!
(This goes out to all you swingkids class signups, too!)

J.


re: Anybody want to go to the Doghouse tonight?
===============================
Hi Jason,

I'd be interested in going if you still have room--what time are you planning to leave?

* * *

It was apparently a year and three days to this date that I first traded emails with someone who would soon become one of the most amazing friends I've ever known. The first time we officially met each other was apparently six months prior to this while bumming around at the end of the schoolyear eating Kentucky Fried Chicken and watching Friends episodes with a bunch of others.

It would be almost another half-year before we actually did share a carpool to go anywhere. On a whim at the end of that night, I decided that we should drive up into the foothills and take in a view of the magnificent sea of lights we called home.

I really don't know what made me do that, nor why I found reason to bring up Lewis over our bowls of udon, nor what brought about those nights of setting up our own stereo and music to continue dancing beyond that usual stroke of midnight.

What I do know is that it was one of the most joyous times of my life, with but most humble and unexpected beginnings. And that there are other such surprises yet to come down the road.

Till then, I wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home