On saving and giving
Sounds kind of funny, but I observe that it's much easier for me to give money out of my online "piggy bank" than it is to take it out of my main cash pool.
Why is this?
My take on it is that I naturally see my "piggy bank" as disposable income, which makes it easy for me to make decisions to give; I don't believe for a second that it has the potential to affect my present living negatively, since I have already set it aside and don't plan on making use of it for rent or whatnot.
Would it therefor be better for people to have not one, but three bank accounts at any given time? Cash flow, savings, givings?
And might this sort of budgeting discipline enable us to be more generous with the wealths we have?
If I ever make a million, hold me to my promise to divide it fairly amongst my different accounts, and not to shortchange my giving account...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home