Reflections
"To the reader, I ask simply that you consider these two extremes when you are faced with such occasions to love...resources, courage and experience may dictate how far you may go, but the choice to love is one I ask you to make independent of such factors...that when love is needed, it is given not by the philanthropists, the wealthy, the entrepreneurs, the brilliant, the charitable organizations and their hired staff...but that those around you may know that it can be given by the Christian, who, though he be poor, ignorant, isolated, rejected...may yet perservere and love with what he hath been given; that he understands that love is not something one affords, but rather something that one is free to give...as has been given to us. "
There's a very peculiar tension in me right now...I wrote these words almost four years ago, and yet, perhaps more than before, I'm finding it hard to do. Some part of me keeps wanting to be the philanthropist, the wealthy, the entrepreneur, the brilliant...keeps thinking that I can't do anything of significance without that kind of scale.
Silly old traps. I want that shield of unwavering faith back.
...I think I'm slowly rediscovering it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home