Friday, November 07, 2008

What's next?

Ok, the question for present day: drawing joy from who I am, not what I can do for the world. Wonder how I'm going to get there... ;)

3 Comments:

At Friday, November 7, 2008 at 11:39:00 AM PST, Blogger Tandava said...

I don't know if this clouds or clarifies the issue. But I'd say that drawing joy from who you are is a way to do something good for the world. The people I know who are most like that are the people who are shining examples of the good that can be in the world, and an inspiration for how I can be better, happier, and more joyful myself. They improve the world simply by being themselves in it. Now how to get there... yeah, that's the tricky part. I don't really know, but I'd start by hanging out with the people who are already like that to a greater extent then yourselves. Let their good influence rub off on you.

(And I hope it's appropriate to be commenting here. I'm not entirely clear on how private this blog is supposed to be. But I mean well. :-)

 
At Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 4:53:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seek relevance by being useful, but that's not your significance. God loved you before you were born, so you don't have to earn His love. What you do to help the world is your way of showing your love for God, but His love for you is not dependent on that. Unconditional love...now that's something to be joyful about! God will let you know what He wants you to do. Just set out time to listen for His voice. Then be joyful because He finds joy in you, His creation. You're still laboring under "you have to earn it." Nope. Grace. And love.

 
At Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 3:50:00 PM PST, Blogger J said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home